Re: Result problem

   Exactly.  And I also wanted to make a note that when I included the
print_r($sql_record); in my last post, it was only because I forgot to
delete it.

   I'm so ready to get out of here and grab a beer now!

On 4/25/07, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dan Shirah wrote:
> Any ideas why my query only returns the very last record that matches
the
> criteria specified??
>
> $sql_record ="SELECT * FROM payment_request WHERE status_code = 'P'";
> $result_record = mssql_query($sql_record) or die(mssql_error());
>  if(!empty($result_record)) {
>  while ($row_record = mssql_fetch_array($result_record)) {
>     $id_record = $row_record['id'];
>   }
>  }
>  print_r ($sql_record);
>
> The result of the print_r displays only the last record that matches the
> query criteria.  I tried a foreach instead of a while with no luck.

Problem 1: You're calling print_r on $sql_record instead of $id_record.

Problem 2: Each iteration of your loop overwrites $id_record so when the
last loop happens, i.e. when it's on the last row, it sets it to the
value of that row. If you're intention is for $id_record to be an array
of the IDs, change the line to...

$id_record[] = $row_record['id'];

Problem 3: You need to read up on some basic PHP syntax. This is just
about the most basic problem you could have. The PHP manual should help
you here.

-Stut