Re: slow performance

Zoltán Németh wrote:

>>> I would not say php performace is poor, I think it is quite fast (at
>>> least on my linux boxes, I know nothing about php on windows...)
>> Well ... I did some stress-testing. I create 20 concurrent requests to
>> my application: random pages, randomizing the post parameter, which
>> causes to load different data from the database (MySQL 5.0.37, running
>> on a separate server). My webserver is the same for java and php.
>>
>> Running my test for about 5 minutes, I get about 31.000 request for the
>> java application, but only about 3.000 for the php.
>
> well, that's strange. I think there should not be that much difference.
> maybe your php code is written poorly?

could be ... but my java code might be poorly as well :). Using propel
an smarty might not be the way to go, to get the fastest performance,
but from the architectural point of view this is somehow similar to
using EJB3 and JSP.

> or maybe your apache serves php in a way which limits the number of
> threads or some other resource?

well, I'm using IIS not apache :), but I also tried Apache 2.2.4
(Windows), and the performance increase was just about 10%

--
... Gentlemen:  Start your debuggers...