Re: Separating words based on capital letter

On Tue, April 24, 2007 4:16 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I have some categories named in the database as such:
> OpenSource
> HomeNetwork
>
> I'd like to add a space before each capital letter, ideally not
> including the first but I can always trim later if need be. As I'm
> array_walking the database, I have each value at the moment I need it
> in a string $item. Other than pregging for A-Z how can I accomplish
> this? I haven't been able to get it down to less than 54 lines of
> code, which in my opinion means that I'm doing something wrong.

Why rule out PCRE, which is probably the best weapon for the job?

$string = ltrim(preg_replace('([A-Z])', ' \\1', $string));

You can wrap that in a function or even use create_function for
something that simple, in your array_walk.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?