Re: Re: posting variables to parent frame

Al wrote:
Provide an example of an iFrame that will work on all modern browsers and that can't be done with DIVs or OBJECTS

I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it was different. Take Google Ads for example. These are currently served in an iframe. To do it in a div is possible but leads to other problems.

But to get back to the point, the iframe tag will not be obsolete until the HTML spec says so, and at the time of writing it does not.

-Stut

Stut wrote:
Al wrote:
iFrames are obsolete and only IE handles them. I don't even know if IE7 does.

Well that's just a complete load of rubbish. The iframe tag is not obsolete, and I don't know where you got the idea that they are. Several legitimate uses for iframes exist, and they're unlikely to go away any time soon.

Use css <div> tags instead.

They don't do the same thing, not by a long shot.

-Stut

Hans wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to post variables to a parent frame, I'm working from a page that
is in an iFrame. However, I don't know how to accomplish this. I tried
target='top' to include in the form tag (<form action=<?=$formurl?>
target="top"....>) but this didn't succeed.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance!
Hans