Re: performance down

Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 4/24/07, dletz@xxxxxxx <dletz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> recently we tested upgrading our systems from:
>>        apache 2.0.55
>>        php 5.1.6
>>        eacclerator 0.9.5
>> to:
>>        apache 2.2.3
>>        php 5.2.0
>>        eaccelerator 0.9.5
>>
>> but we always get worse performance than before. So maybe it is the newer
>> apache version which slows us down or changes in php 5.2.0.
>> Has anyone come across a similar phenomenon?
>>

>> Dominic Letz
>

> What platform are you using? Windows or Linux?
>
> Never had any slow PHP versions on my Linux server.

**SLOWER** it's a comparative not an absolute. know the difference.

either go back to comparing print & echo or realise that (for example)
a spaceshuttle is fast and an F1 racecar is fast but one if *faster* than the other.

the OP asked about comparative performance degradation.

sorry OP I can't comment on the degradation your seeing, but I'm
interested if anyone can - in the mean time you might consider downgrading apache
and measuring the difference and subsequently upgrading apache whilst downgrading php and measuring
the difference also - it might give you a clue as to which beast is causing the
problem. you might also consider that it's not the upgrade as such but the server
configuration (for apache mostly) that is sub optimal.