Re: retrieve POST body?

Gregory Beaver wrote:
[21:58] <CelloG> can you do a file upload without multipart?
[21:59] <Rasmus_> Well, if you want to pick a POST apart yourself, sure
[21:59] <Rasmus_> set a mime type PHP doesn't understand and it will be
in http_raw_post_data and then you can do whatever you want with it

So the answer is "sort of."  You would have to parse the POST data
yourself, but it is technically a possibility.

That was also in the back of my mind when responding. When file uploads first came out and weren't yet handled by the Perl CGI module, we had to learn to parse the input stream ourselves. It's still not clear why that should be necessary at this time. For instance, if it's necessary to pass in CGI parameters at the same time as sending out a file, the parameters can be tacked onto a query string and they will be packed into both the $_POST and the $_GET arrays.