Re: Re: Suggestions for Web based FileServer/Mailaccess

On Thu, April 19, 2007 11:42 am, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> It seems no one had understood me right...
>
> Am 2007-04-10 21:48:12, schrieb Richard Lynch:
>> Personally, I would use http://php.net/imap_open and friends to add
>> the mailbox, and let the OS and installed IMAP software choose the
>> correct mbox/Maildir option based on the server configuration,
>> rather
>> than try to out-guess them...
>
> This is WHAT I already do...
>
> But currently I have two Spaces:
>         The one for the E-Mails and one for the files
>
> WHich mean, if I ahve a friend called "Richard" and his Messages goes
> into the Mailfolder "Peoples/Richard" and I want to see what I have
> from him, like Files, Pics or whatever... I have to go to a second
> place the "File Section" to look at it.
>
> What I want is a fusion of the "MailSpace" and the "FileSpace".
>
> Currently I have a black hole and do not know HOW to implement this.
>
> In general, EACH "Mailfolder" can have a "FileSpace" and visa versa.

Where do the Files come from in the first place?
Attachments?
External source?

If they were attachments, maybe you'd be better off just leaving them
in the Maildir...

I suppose you could build a parallel File System to your Maildirs,
then within each of those, make a directory by Message-id: header,
then put any attachments with the cid: name as the file name.

That should make everything unique...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?