Re: "register_argc_argv" directive

On 4/18/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, April 18, 2007 9:04 am, Bagus Nugroho wrote:
> I'm confuse about usage of php.ini directive "register_argc_argv".
> Is used for command line purpose only?

I suspect that in CGI (and possibly even FCGI) $argv and $argc may
also end up being populated, due to the way CGI works.

But, yes, essentially you'd be using those in CLI in most circumstances.

I'm not sure why you'd want to not fill in argv/argc in CLI...

But I suppose if you've got a fancy GetOPTS package of some sort
going, you might need that turned off or something...

Or maybe there's some sort of big time savings to turn them off...

There may even be Security Considerations for some people/cases where
having those off is "better"...

I'm just making up answers as I go here for why that setting might
even exist, but I guess somebody needed it sometime in the past.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?