Re: pclzip on PHP 5

On Wed, April 18, 2007 7:16 pm, Skip Evans wrote:
> I'm developing a site on my local server, which
> runs PHP4 and BSD. I also installed pclzip.lib.php
> to create zip files on the PHP4 machine and all
> works well.
>
> The production server for this site runs PHP5, but
> I thought it would be backward compatible, but
> apparently not?
>
> When the PHP script that includes the pclzip
> library loads, the pclzip code just fills the
> browser as text.
>
> Has anyone experienced this?

Do you mean the PHP code that should be defining PCL Zip?

Or do you mean that the Zip file that should be output is being sent
as text/plain, and the browser is showing you that as if it were text?

Because the latter is almost always an issue of headers and/or the
server config MIME type setups being different...

You may also be using IE which has a tendency to "remember" the
Content-type header from previous requests, so you gotta close the
browser or play games with control-refresh-alt-meta-whatever...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?