RE: CSS vs. Tables OT

On Tue, April 17, 2007 2:45 pm, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> From the CSS discussion of the WWE job posting thread.
>
> There is one question that shows that a table based layout in 99% of
> cases is superior to a CSS layout.
>
> Try resizing most any CSS based page.
>
> Tables are 99% of the time superior as it will resize properly whereas
> 99% of most CSS based pages will not resize properly.
>
> When 99% of CSS layouts overcome this lunacy then CSS will be better,
> but not until then.
> [/snip]
>
> As long as you generate them with PHP you're good on this list.
>
> BTW, any web developer worth his or her salt with a reasonable amount
> of
> practice can make CSS layouts that resize as well as table based
> layouts
> everyday of the week. I will refer you to http://www.csszengarden.com/

There must not be very many, if any, CSS developers worth their salt
then, cuz I rarely see a non-trivial CSS page that resizes well...

I love the ideals, csszengarden is cool, coo coo ka choo...

But it just plain doesn't work for the kind of complex layouts that
people are trying to do in the Real World.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?