Re: free allocated memory: HOW ?

Arthur Erdös wrote:
ok, its not really fast, but it runs on my development machine (AMD64, 4
GB of RAM, Ubuntu). mysql on the same machine, database with 175 tables
and 2,3 GB data. that could probably slow down scripts, don't you agree?
no. you have 4 F'ing gigs of ram on your desktop and it's a freakin' DB - they are
supposed to handle *massive* ammounts of data ... you might consider analysing the
queries you have and figuring out what an INDEX is for.

I suppose the database is not the problem, the indexes and foreign keys
are all set correctly. we have the mysql enterprise version and had a
mysql consultant here some time ago and our database is well designed.

Ok, so when this database was "well designed" by the "mysql consultant" did you tell them about all the queries you would be running against it? If not, your statement oozes a lack of understanding concerning indexes and general database optimization. If that's the case, start Googling. Now. Before you write any more code.

-Stut