Re: links and variables

Dan Shirah wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a page that has several links that point to the same page.  I
> want to
> pass a variable to the linked page depending on which link the user clicks
> to only display a result set that is relevant to the link clicked.  I know
> clicking on a link does not submit the page, so there would not be a $_POST
> value assigned.   Is there a way to pass a hidden value through a link
> without requiring the submit?
>
> If not, do you think it would make more sense to create three seperate
> pages
> for the link to point to?
>
> Or put form tags around the content and leave the action blank and then
> just
> use the javascript "onClick form.action='mypage';" ??

it looks like the links initiate payment processing - given that this is
not something you'd want to activate from a URL that someone bookmarked I suggest
you go the simple route of creating a form with 3 buttons and have your
Process script react depending on which button was clicked.

- ps - it's not hard to make a button look like a link with a bit of CSS.