Re: free allocated memory: HOW ?

Arthur Erdös wrote:
> I am using PHP version 5.1.2. on my dev machine. The same problem with
> PHP 5.2.1 on webserver.
>
> I am generating mails based on a HTML Template. After reading the
> template with fread() memory_get_usage() says ~386 MB in use...

WTF - 386 megs for an html file??? somehow I doubt this is
the correct number ... are you reading the memory consumption
correctly?

exactly how much ram does the server in question have that you can
allow a single script to schlock up almost 2gigs ??

> Then the placeholders in the read template are replaced by customized
> values within a loop. The size of the used memory grows permanently in
> each loop by approx 30 MB (100 newsletters are generated per loop).

if the values are customized I can't fathom why you would generate
100 emails per loop.

> any ideas what i am doing wrong and where i [ab]use php? ^^

no not really - but it's rather ironic that you sent the same email/reply 3 times.

with showing code there is nothing anybody can do to help.