'lang' file editor ...

anyone know of a decent script (or something I can rip out of an existing OS tool)
that is capable of comparing, editing and saving 'old skool' lang files - you know
the ones which define tons of array elements e.g.:

$Lang['foo'] = 'bar';

I'm looking for something that can handle quotes properly and 'weird' array keys
(that include constants, for instance) as well as sprintf markers in the 'translation'
text (e.g. "my %s hurts") and if at all possible the abiltiy to recognise and not f'up
stuff like:

$Lang['foo'] = 'my '.$Lang['bar'].' really hurts';

and I'd prefer it to be able to keep file formatting, item ordering and comments
as they were when saving back into the file.

I can't find anything really useful - the firefox 'php lang file' editor plugin, is,
for instance, not up to the job.

tar,
Jochem