PHP 4.4.7RC1 Release

The first release candidate of PHP 4.4.7 is now available for
download here:

http://downloads.php.net/derick/php-4.4.7RC1.tar.bz2
(2ff585134f85fa992af7d953e4645810)
http://downloads.php.net/derick/php-4.4.7RC1.tar.gz
(72c25db4e65ae8a985914472403a5f83)

The focus or this release is twofold, number of we are continuing to
stabilize the language. The second goal was to improve the security of
the language through an internal audit as well as by addressing
previously unknown bugs identified by MOPB. As you can imagine both
these goals result in a rather extensive set of changes, so testing to
make sure no new bugs or regressions were introduced is critical.
Therefore I would like to ask everyone, over the next few weeks to give
this RC a shot with your code base to ensure there are no problems. I
want to make 4.4.7 go out as soon as possible given the security
improvements that it brings, with the next RC slated at just over 2
weeks from today (April 26th) and the final in early May.

If you come across any problems feel free to identify them by replying
to this e-mail or creating a bug report on http://bugs.php.net.

Derick Rethans