Re: Session Authentication

Em Segunda 09 Abril 2007 10:04, Stut escreveu:
> Ólafur Waage wrote:
> > Lets say i have a login system. This system authenticates the user via
> > mysql, when the user is authenticated, i set a session variable to let
> > the system know the user is authenticated. ie. $_SESSION["authenticated"]
> > = true;
> >
> > Lets also say i know that's how the system works, that a session variable
> > within my browser is set to true. Could i do this if i knew all this info
> > and "authenticate" myself by setting the variable from the client side?
> >
> > If it is possible, what can i do to prevent this or increase security?
>
> No. You're teminology indicates a major lack of understanding regarding
> how sessions work. Session variables are not "within [your] browser".
> The only thing stored in the browser (usually as a cookie) is the
> session ID. The contents of the session are stored on the server.
>
> So, given that, the answer to your question is... not unless your code
> is exploitable to allow the user to arbitratily set session variables.
>
> -Stut

Sessions are stored in the temporary's server folder... So... If I known my
session ID and where it's stored, I can do something...

--
Davi Vidal
davividal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agora com fortune:
"Welcome to alt.os.linux.slackwre. We hope you will enjoy your stay.
Your answer is here: <URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
     -- Faux Pseudo"