Re: keeping credit card info in session

Em Segunda 09 Abril 2007 01:12, siavash1979@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
> Thanks a lot every one. These are great replies.

You're welcome! ^^

> I guess I should have explained a bit more about what I'm doing.
>
> first of all, this is not my site, it's for a client of mine.

Things going to be better... =]

> second, I did suggest using a paypal API or a paid site to take care of
> this, but my client said no. She has a credit card processing account and
> how she works with it right now, is that interested users email her, she
> calls them, gets their credit card info and charges their card manually
> without the card present.

Ops... But... You can't solve death... All other you *can* do anything... =]

> so, this is not really my problem, it's what she's been doing before and
> wants to continue doing. All she asked me to do is that as part of the form
> that people send their requests through, now she wants their credit card
> info as well. So that she doesn't have to call them.
>
> And the reason I'm keeping cc info in the session for a few steps, is to
> take them to confirmation page, and then the reciept page. and after wards,
> I want to keep it in there untill the client logs in to the admin page and
> sees new requests, charges them and then deletes them for ever.
>
> So now I've got two different responses, some people say do it, but use
> encryption/decryption methods, and some people say don't do it. But if I
> don't do it, that means I tell my client that I can't do it and I lose the
> job.

Well... Last month I configured a mail server... Or I must say: a SPAM server?
"But it's illegal!!!"
Yes... I known... But it was my job... If I don't do it, I would lose money
and... Another do that!!!

Simple: do a "license agreement" that isents you about *any* legal implication
about the PHP solution... And use the max security you can and charge for
security updates!! =P

It's what *I* would do, at least...

> Thanks again,
> Siavash

Well... Sorry my poor english and let me known if you don't understand
*anything*...

--
Davi Vidal
davividal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agora com fortune:
"	During a visit to America, Winston Churchill was invited to a buffet
luncheon at which cold fried chicken was served.  Returning for a second
helping, he asked politely, "May I have some breast?"
	"Mr. Churchill," replied the hostess, "in this country we ask for
white meat or dark meat."  Churchill apologized profusely.
	The following morning, the lady received a magnificent orchid from
her guest of honor.  The accompanying card read: "I would be most obliged if
you would pin this on your white meat.""