Re: keeping credit card info in session

Usually paying should be the last step, so you might probably want to review
your workflow.
Anyways, if you're storing the credit card in the database, then why are you
also storing it in the session, you can just query the database for the
credit card based on the session id (so you should also store the session id
in that table).
Since you're storing the credit card in the database, then you should
encrypt the credit card (there are plenty of encryption/decrypting
algorithms on the internet for PHP).
Other than that, I think everything is fine, and your system should work
smoothly.
--
itoctopus - http://www.itoctopus.com
<siavash1979@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>
> I've got quite a bit or php experience, but I've never had to deal with
credit
> card info before. Now for a property rental site, I'm adding a way for
users to
> be able to fill out a form which also has some credit card info in it.
>
> After they submit the form, there are a couple of more steps and to pass
credit
> card info to the last page, I'm storing all the info in my session. Now, I
did
> go and bought an SSL certificate, so the booking section of the site is on
SSL
> (https). I'm just wondering if this is secure enough. as far as I know,
SSL