Re: Submitting as POST. Why?

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 11:10 +0100, Stut wrote:
These implied "rules" have existed since HTTP was invented, and when you think about it they make a lot of sense. They also get emphasized by the existance of so-called web accelerators that simply pre-fetch URLs on the page the user is viewing. If you have simple links (i.e. get requests) that make changes to your websites data or state, the accelerator will seriously screw it up.

"Accelerator" *lol*. This is a terrible waste of bandwidth. So the
"accelerator" downloads 50 pages linking from the first page you hit and
after spending 5 minutes reading the first page you decide not to visit
any of the other links. Fast for the user maybe, but if everyone used
this, it would be slower overall since the net would be plugged with 90%
pointless requests.

Indeed, I never said they were a good thing, just that we need to be aware that they exist and how they work.

-Stut