Re: Forking doesn't work on php 5.2.1?

Frederic Belleudy wrote:
> Well I think I've found the answer:
> the configure command is (in part):
>
> '--disable-cli' '--disable-pear'
>
> Ive got another server who is running fork script and '--enable-cli' is
> in the configure command.

then that is probably what the problem is - although I find it a strange
compile option would have that effect. if you run ./configure --help you'll
see the following:

	--disable-cli           Disable building CLI version of PHP

which doesn't suggest that it would have any effect on the workings of a
webserver SAPI.

> Well Ill let you know guys if it works after I've recompiled apache

try recompiling php - recompiling apache won't have an effect as far as that compile
option goes.