Duplicate dates in array

Hi all, I have an array containing a sequence of dates in the following
format, for example:

Mon 26 Nov 2007
Mon 24 Dec 2007
Mon 31 Dec 2007
Mon 28 Jan 2007

...and I want to remove any the first element in cases where the Mondays
fall in the same month, so in this case I want to be
left with:

Mon 26 Nov 2007
Mon 31 Dec 2007
Mon 28 Jan 2007

Any ideas on the most efficient way to do it? I am working on using
combinations of array_search, in_array and so on and want to avoid regular
expressions if I can. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk