Re: Re: 0x9f54

Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>> MySQL? MSSQL? PgSQL?
>>> Tijnema
>>>
>>     It seems he wanted to insert a Chinese character with that hex value.
>>

> Yes... I tried the insert with PHP, including the use of
> mysql_real_escape_string(), but MySQL still gave me a blank only.

    Well, this doesn't seem to be PHP related.  You'd better ask your
answer in MySQL forum/mailing-list.

    But have you tried to insert your value using MySQL Query Browser?
If you can't do that there, it's a problem which is unrelated to PHP.

    On the other hand, I remember you talked about the type of that
column to be char(2).  Have you specified what encoding it's using?
Moreover, I hope you're not using legacy encoding like Big5 or GB.  Use
Unicode (UTF-8) if your database is a brand new one.

    Good luck