Re: Form Handler Script Security Discussion

On Thu, March 29, 2007 10:25 am, cajbecu wrote:

>> And even then, some smart programmers are probably going to find a
>> way
>> to read your image code :)
>>

> that, of course, if your app will be an interface to client`s bank
> account, with online management. :)

One does have to balance Risk with the effort taken to secure it.

I'm quite certain, however, that the bar is MUCH LOWER than you have
stated, as I once had to crack a CAPTCHA and there was no bank nor
money involved, merely sheer stupidity and obtuseness.

If you're just coding some silly guestbook or something, almost ANY
kind of barrier to the bots is "enough"

If you're coding a guestbook for millions of users, you want better
than that.

If you're coding an interface to a bank account, and taking the advice
of some random dude (me) on the PHP General mailing list, you should
be shot. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?