Re: Saving css state in javascript and passing to php via form submit

On 3/31/07, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>> >  > > > > >

>> personally I prefer JSON formatted data, for which there are even a
>> couple of
>> functions available in newer versions of php (otherwise you can find
>> code on the net
>> easily enough to handle JSON data creation/parsing):
>>
>> http://php.net/json
>
> I prefer not to do a lot of processing in Javascript, what i usually
> do is send plain HTML and directly output it inside a <div>

'processing' JSON formatted data is a matter of running a single eval()
line in javascript!?!

just outputting HTML directly into a div is useful in many simple
situations but it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for any real client
sided application logic ...

All that "client side application logic" can also be done in PHP.
Where's the sense in learning to work with JSON, if it can be done in
PHP too? PHP is a lot faster then javascript right?

Tijnema