Re: Re: Getting last record ID created from DB

On Sat, March 17, 2007 1:08 pm, markw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> There in lies the biggest problem with LAMP, and that's MySQL. The
> architecture of your methodology *only* works with MySQL, and not more
> capable databases like Oracle, DB2, or even PostgreSQL.

Therein lies the biggest problem of money-hungry commercial vendors
refusing to use transportable standards so that they can maintain a
vendor lock.

Put the blame squarely where it belongs, please, on the SQL
"standards" committee that squelches anything that might actually open
up competition  because it is weighted down with "legacy" requirements
by biased committee members (read: employees of the vendors who would
lose market share) and simply refuses to migrate to something
cross-platform.

It's not as if they didn't have the problem and viable solutions in
front of them in 1992, 1999, and 2004.

Notice a complete lack of a workable solution in the standards?

Don't expect this problem to be solved anytime soon.

Microsoft, Oracle, DB2 etc don't *want* you to be able to transfer
your SQL code cleanly and easily to another vendor!

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?