Re: Hive Dekoder [SOLVED]

On Fri, March 9, 2007 5:07 pm, Richard Lynch wrote:
> Short Version:
> Anybody got a good quick clean hack to "crack" Hive Logic Enkoder?

First, thanks for all the leads and ideas and pointers on this!

The short version solution is:
Get Spidermonkey.

Long version:

After dinking around for a couple weeks with:

phpjs - failed to parse the first test input
Perl::JavaScript - failed to install *
j4p5 - N/A I'm running PHP 4, for various reasons
njs (f.k.a. ngs) - syntax errors on test inputs

I *finally* found references to "spidermonkey"

Spidermonkey is the exact same JS interpreter that is embedded in
Mozilla-based browsers (Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, etc)

It is released as a stand-alone body of code by Mozilla.

It's even in the Gentoo ports-like system, so I can get updates easily.

And I figure that if the JS isn't going to work in Spidermonkey, it's
not going to work in Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla, so they'd have to be a
pretty stupid IE-only site I wouldn't care about anyway, right? :-)

And, best of all, Spidermonkey just works, out of the box.

Well, okay, technically not "out of the box" as it complained about
'document' not being an object when I passed in my JS obfuscasted
email.

So I tried this:

var document = new Document;
[insert JS obfuscated email junk here.]

but that puked on a non-existent 'Document' class.

Then I tried:

var document = new Object;
[insert JS obfuscated email junk here.]

That got me to a new error message (progress!) about object method
'write' not being defined.

Next try:

var document = new Object;
document.write = print;
[insert JS obfuscated email junk here.]

And, voila, I am now web-scraping JS obfuscated emails as well as the
spammers who we want to stop from doing that, by getting the emails
back server-side, and providing throttled sender-blind form-mail
instead.

Our old business process managed to "lose" these email addresses and I
had only the JS obfuscated content to work with.

I can soon turn on the crank and web-scrape 55,000 JS obfuscated
emails overnight.

Whoo hooo!

I presume the really good (as in competent, not moral) spammers figure
all this out in even less time than I did. :-v

Notes to all web developers:
JS obfuscated emails will not stop the really determined developer.
Any obfuscation at all will stop the moronic (most) spammers.
Paying for a JS obfuscator is probably not a good investment.
Spidermonkey rocks.

YMMV
NAIAA
IANAL

* Actually, first Bundle::CPAN itself failed to install repeatedly,
with maddening messages about Zlib and something about a non-C version
of Utils::Scaler, then I uninstalled/re-installed Utils::Scaler, then
I got to where CPAN was up-to-date, but JavaScript extension never did
manage to install, and I just plain gave up on Perl.  Again.  For the
umpteenth time.  Here is the kind of crap I simply will not put up
with:
http://l-i-e.com/perl.log
http://l-i-e.com/perl2.log

But huge thanks to Andy Lester (Chicago Perl guru) for helping me to
at least get CPAN installed.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?