RE: Can't get PHP errors to display or log consistently

Syntax errors like that will cause a startup error, which means your code
can't be evaluated.  So those 2 lines of code that turn the error reporting
on never get executed.

Make sure the ini file you're editing is the one PHP is actually using.  You
can see the path to the ini file in <? phpinfo(); ?>

Also make sure you are restarting apache after editing ;)

I believe .htaccess also can override your ini setting, so check for the
existence of one of those too :D

HTH,

Brad