Re: Running PHP on a windows server-your views

On 3/19/07, Angelo Zanetti <angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI all.

I would like some honest answers and if you have any experience with
problems or no problems running PHP on a windows server.

Basically we are interested to know if there are any problems/security
issues/stability issues/performance issues or any other issues running a
production site (big live site) on a windows server.

Im assuming it will be running IIS.

The site is very important and any issues will hamper the functionality
and accessibility of the site.

All your responses will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Angelo
--

I was running PHP under windows, but not with IIS, i used Apache.
After some time i thought i might wanted to try linux, and since that

If you have things that require windows, go for a windows server, if
not, go for LAMP. maybe with perl, cgi, and asp support.

Tijnema