Re: PECL help

Never mind... should be temp_dir, not temp-dir... to make you all read that
long message for such a silly mistake!

On 3/18/07, Mike Payson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to install the extension runkit on my shared server. I
successfully installed a local copy of PEAR via the instructions at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.shared.php
. Here is the resulting configuration:

Configuration (channel pear.php.net):
=====================================
Auto-discover new Channels     auto_discover    <not set>
Default Channel                default_channel  pear.php.net
HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy       <not set>
PEAR server [DEPRECATED]       master_server    pear.php.net
Default Channel Mirror         preferred_mirror pear.php.net
Remote Configuration File      remote_config    <not set>
PEAR executables directory     bin_dir          /home/maximumr/pear/pear
PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/docs
PHP extension directory        ext_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/ext
PEAR directory                 php_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/php
PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/cache
PEAR data directory            data_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/data
PEAR Installer download        download_dir     /tmp/pear/cache
directory
PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin          /usr/local/bin/php
php.ini location               php_ini          <not set>
PEAR Installer temp directory  temp_dir         /tmp/pear/temp
PEAR test directory            test_dir
/home/maximumr/pear/pear/tests
Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl        3600
Preferred Package State        preferred_state  stable
Unix file mask                 umask            22
Debug Log Level                verbose          1
PEAR password (for             password         <not set>
maintainers)
Signature Handling Program     sig_bin          /usr/bin/gpg
Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir       /usr/local/etc/pearkeys
Signature Key Id               sig_keyid        <not set>
Package Signature Type         sig_type         gpg
PEAR username (for             username         <not set>
maintainers)
User Configuration File        Filename         /home/maximumr/.pearrc
System Configuration File      Filename         /usr/local/etc/pear.conf

However when I try to install runit, I get an error:

bash-3.00$ pecl install runkit-beta
downloading runkit-0.9.tgz ...
Could not download from " http://pecl.php.net/get/runkit-0.9.tgz";, cannot
download "pecl/runkit" (could not open /tmp/pear/cache/runkit-0.9.tgz for
writing)
Error: cannot download "pecl/runkit"

The directory /tmp/pear is owned by root, so I can't make changes to it.
If I try to change the temp-dir to something that works, I get another
error:

bash-3.00$ pear config-set temp-dir ~/tmp
config-set (temp-dir, /home/maximumr/tmp, user) failed, channel
pear.php.net

How can I make this work?