Re: Re: Getting last record ID created from DB

----- Original Message ----- From: <markw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I guess maybe most databases support the notion of "auto number" in some
form. I haven't used MSSQL recently, but I think their solution is a GUID.

You can set an auto-increment attribute on any integer data type. They also have GUIDs, which they recomend using if you plan on using replication, as any autonumeric sequence is local to each database and there will be repetitions over multiple servers, something GUIDs won't.

Satyam