form validation

I found the error in my previous question about parse just a simple ; at the end.

  I'm trying to validate some textfields  especially name fields and email addresses. I'm having a little trouble writing the code using classes and regular expressions? I would like to validate the input from server side scripting. If anyone has any examples or guidelines when writing a function or a if statement I would gladly welcome an outside opinion.

  Sincerely,

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.