Re: "cannot load mysql extension" - PHP Installation on Vista/Apache

Ave,

Well good words there, I'm not gonna argue with you on that. And as much as
I have heard general windows users crib about Vista's security features, I
have heard same amount of praise by more 'developers' genre of users about
its' security features.

Your second suggestion of learning your OS is something I'm deeply dwelling
into everyday since I installed Vista, and is one strong reason I'm not
willing to go back to XP just because things work in XP. I'm finding the
challenges in Vista intriguing and a learning experience.

I'm not sure which drive names you were referring to, but coming from a Web
Developing background, I certainly pay utmost attention to naming
conventions. 10 years ago I've been there where simple HTML pages wouldn't
pull up due to Case mismatch, spaces or special characters. I can assure you
in my personal case with this "Cannot load mySQL extension", folder/file
names is not the issue.

Security is a an issue I need to learn & understand further in regards to
Vista and may well be the cause of my problem. And while I don't find much
logic in Richard's solution (I.e., copying the DLL), without trying, it
would be too premature to label it logical or illogical - because if it does
work, logic can be scrutinized.

All in all, good post there mate, and appreciate you sharing your mind!

Cheers!

Rahul Sitaram Johari
CEO, Twenty Four Seventy Nine Inc.

W: http://www.rahulsjohari.com
E: sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

³I morti non sono piu soli ... The dead are no longer lonely²