Re: session/login issue

Check the before/after php.ini settings.

My first guess is they finally turned register_globals OFF and the
Plesk code is relying on register_globals. Upgrade, fix, or abandon
Plesk if that's the case.

My second guess is they changed the session.auto_start or completely
messed up the session GC or time limit settings in php.ini

Actually, if it broke yesterday...
The DST date/time change may also mean that the OS idea of "now" and
the PHP idea of "now" may be out of whack, or, more likely, their
server clock is so screwed up that sessions are expired as soon as
they are issued.

Can we just abandon this stupid DST thing already?

Who actually *LIKES* it?

If you've got a problem with the amount of daylight you are getting,
just get up earlier or later or whatever, and leave the damn clocks
alone!

On Tue, March 13, 2007 9:11 am, Gunter Sammet wrote:
> Hi all:
> I inherited an application using PHP 5.1.4 with MySQL 4.1.20,
> Apache/2.0.46
> (Red Hat) on a VPS server with Plesk 7.5. The authentication used to
> work
> just fine till yesterday. Now it doesn't authenticate anymore.
> My debugging so far hasn't revelaed much. It seems like the sessions
> are not
> started or started and destroyed right away again.
>  Session handling is done via session class with session data stored
> in the
> database. The database doesn't contain any data but debugging revealed
> that
> session data is written to the DB and then immediately deleted.
>
> None application of the code has changed. Haven't had a chance yet to
> find
> out if the hosting company changed/updated anything. I suspect it has
> something to do with the environment but at the moment I am spinning
> wheels.
> Any pointers would be appreciated!
> Thanks,
>
> Gunter