question for "translating" fsockopen into CURL

dear all.

I'm currently writing a script that connect to specific IP (server) at a
specific port (1950).
then I need to send some parameters and the server will give me a reply.

too bad, my current webhost no longer accept fsockopen().
so I need to translate my script into CURL thingie.

here's my script using fsockopen(), and it run very well:

<?php
$ptr=fsockopen("xxx.114.105.87",1950);
if($ptr){

fputs($ptr,"WQUOTES-EURUSD,USDJPY,USDCHF,GBPUSD,EURCHF,EURJPY,EURGBP,AUDUSD,NZDUSD,USDCAD,GBPCHF,AUDJPY,GBPJPY,CHFJPY,AUDJPY,NZDUSD\n");
  echo fgets($ptr,500);
  fclose($ptr);
 }
?>

then, I tried following script using CURL:

<?php
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "xxx.114.105.87");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PORT, "1950");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST,
"WQUOTES-EURUSD,USDJPY,USDCHF,GBPUSD,EURCHF,EURJPY,EURGBP,AUDUSD,NZDUSD,USDCAD,GBPCHF,AUDJPY,GBPJPY,CHFJPY,AUDJPY,NZDUSD\n");
echo curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);
?>

but it like looping forever and none the result displayed.

actually I was confused which one to replace fputs() function.
any response will be great.

--
regards,

Yeni Setiawan