Re: Save and Continue

On Wed, March 7, 2007 10:39 am, Dan Shirah wrote:
> I am trying to think through my new forms process.  I want to allow a
> customer to submit multiple orders using the same credit card.   At
> the
> bottom of my form I will have a "Save" link and a "Save and Submit
> Additional" link/checkbox.
>
> Basically what I want to happen is that if the user clicks on "Save"
> it
> processes the form and sends them back to my homepage.
>
> But if the user clicks "Save and Submit Additional", I want it to
> submit the
> first payment, then return to the same screen with the credit card
> information still populated to the fields and allow the user to enter
> in a
> new transaction.
>
> I think my process for this would be something along the lines of:
>
> if (isset($_POST['submit_additional'])) {
>
>    include save.php
> }  //This would save the information just entered to the database
>

> By building a save.php file and including it only if needed, this
> would
> accomplish what I am trying to do, correct?
>
> I'm open to any/all ideas :)

Some/Most/All? bank merchant processor thingies will reject multiple
payments on the same card in too short of a time.

I think there are a zillion factors on that, and some will reject it
only if the dollar amount matches, and others will just assume
something is wrong even if the dollar amount doesn't match, and others
will assume you are just trying to get around some kind of dollar
limit or soft limit red flag warning and reject it and...

Basically, I'm suggesting that when you move into production and start
running real orders through, you're going to find that this is a BAD
IDEA, quite possibly.

It's possible I just had bad luck and ran into this as a
customer/programmer with two separate systems, and the other hundreds
out there don't do this...

You may be able to talk to your bank and get them to play along nicely
though -- I'm pretty sure my webhost did that as I have 2 accounts
there with one CC, and the second one was always having to be
hand-processed for awhile there, even though they were different
dollar amounts...

Or maybe the bank changed their policies, or maybe my webhost just
waits "long enough" in between the two transactions or maybe...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?