Re: PHP Design View

On 3/9/07, Chris <dmagick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fred wrote:
> Hello What program whould i use to see a design view of php scripts not
on a
> server. Im running Windows XP Pro sp2. I thought Dreamweaver did but as
> was going to buy a friend told me it cant see design only the script.

PHP doesn't have a 'design view', your HTML controls that, maybe with
the help of PHP but HTML is what is given to the browser and that's what
you see.

As a PHP script differs in each output, it can't have a preview. If you want
to preview just save it and visit it with a browser.
If you have dreamwaver, you can also set up remote servers, and then a
CTRL+s action would automatically upload your file to the server.
example that it doesn't have the same preview each time:
<?
$a = rand(0,1);
if($a == 0)
{
echo "Preview 1";
}
if($b == )
{
echo "Preview 2";
}
?>
Sometimes it will show you preview 1, and sometimes it wil show you preview
2.
Also, PHP can handle data from databases, files, browser, etc.
you can run a script like this: www.testserver.com/myscript.php?var=abc
now you would have $_GET['var'] set to abc, but once you go to
www.testserver.com/myscript.php?var=def $_GET['var'] is set to def, and so
you can choose to give it a total different look. So the only option is to
use a browser.

Tijnema

--
Postgresql & php tutorials