Re: php and javascript error

On Mar 7, 2007, at 11:46 PM, Tijnema ! wrote:

Just a little side note, you said that firefox wasn't giving an error, i think it does, but that it hides the error.
Open your page, and then go to Tools->javascript console.
There it will display all javascript errors. And gives a nice detailed error.

Tijnema

Thanks,
Yes I have been around the bend with Netscape and now, Fire Fox javascript consoles. Before I got it that I need to format web content text for Unix, I went crazy trying to interpret Netscape console messages and the line numbers it said the errors were found. I was using Mac and text file are formatted with carriage return, not new line or line feed as in Unix text. The Javascript errors are based on Unix text formatting even if the browser is running on Mac or Windows (well I am not sure about Windows, I have never use it for web development but I do know that it uses both carriage return and line feed for plain text line endings).
Jeff K