Re: Intro to PHP question

He wanted to use it for the web, so why should he try it out on CL first?

I can offer a few MBs for everyone that wants to get learning PHP.

Tijnema

On 3/8/07, Ben Ramsey <ramsey@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/8/07 12:59 PM, Dave Goodchild wrote:
> If you really want to run that on the command line, you will need the
path
> to php on the first line of the file.

Or, he can run it through the PHP CLI with:
$> php uri.php

> Please, forget the command line stuff unless you want to write command
line
> scripts, and get that file running in a web environment where it
belongs.
> happy to help if you need any more assistance doing that!

What's so wrong with learning PHP from the command line? If he's
comfortable with the command line, then he should be able to learn PHP
from the command line. Why else does PHP have a CLI?

--
Ben Ramsey
http://benramsey.com/