Re: Urgent: Way to XML-parse data with <f n="name"> </f> tags?

Rob Gould wrote:

I'm really hoping this is possible with PHP - - - can someone please steer me in the right direction and tell my what I should change in the below script? The $tag value is not getting a value string, due to the XML-data....

Here's my present script:

<?php

$insideitem = false;
$tag = "";
$eventname = "";
$venuename = "";
$venuecity = "";

function startElement($parser, $name, $attrs) {
    global $insideitem, $tag, $eventname, $venuename, $venuecity;
    if ($insideitem) {
        $tag = $name;
} elseif ($name == "RESULT") {
        echo "found result";
        $insideitem = true;
    }
}

?>

You'll get these from the attributes array, which is an associative array:

   The third parameter, /attribs/, contains an associative array with
   the element's attributes (if any).The keys of this array are the
   attribute names, the values are the attribute values.Attribute names
   are case-folded
   <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xml.php#xml.case-folding> on the
   same criteria as element names.Attribute values are /not/ case-folded.

From: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.xml-set-element-handler.php

So $venuecity - $attrs['venuecity'], etc.