To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:28 PM
Subject:  db query not working

I have this code:

mysql_connect ($local_host, $local_user, $local_pass);
mysql_select_db ($local_db);

mysql_query ("DELETE FROM tmphitsmag");

$result = mysql_query ("SELECT DISTINCT company FROM view_log WHERE company != ''");

if ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

        do {

                $magazine_path = $row['company'];
                $magazine_path = explode("/", $magazine_path);

                echo str_replace("_", " ", $magazine_path[2]) . "<br>";

mysql_query ("INSERT INTO tmphitsmag (magazine) VALUES('$magazine_path[2]'");

        } while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result));

} mysql_close();

It dumps the table fine, works the explode, outputs the string in the echo command the way I expect, but doesn't place the value in tmphitsmag table.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Ed