Re: create and save file to folder

On 3/7/07, Ross <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a file with php. I want to enter the value of a
string
into it and then browse (if possible) and save to a specified folder with
the filename/extension (.php/.txt) entered in the dialog box.

R.

Sure it is possible, but it seems you have totally no knowledge about file
opening etc, if you want to browser stuff en save things, you are actually
making a file manager, and believe me, that's quite a lot of work.
Opening files is just by fopen, saving data with fread, and then closing it
with fclose. (simple huh?)
their manual pages:
http://www.php.net/fopen
http://www.php.net/fread
http://www.php.net/fclose

and sure, if you want to make a file manager, you might want to look at the
readdir function, http://www.php.net/readdir

Tijnema