Re: module and access rights

Hi,

do not worry, i will not store a password in a cookie.
it is stored encrypted into database.

Al.

On 3/4/07, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alain Roger wrote:
> I would like to implement a module access rights in my web application.
> Basically after authentication and authorization. Logged user has a
> particular profile which allow him to have access to some part of the
web
> application.
>
> after reading the security guide from *php*sec.org webpage, i'm confused
> regarding how to store user login and password.
> I mean the encrypted password stored in database is compared to
encrypted
> password that user type.
>
> But where to store login and password once user is logged ?
>
> when i read the security guide it seems that it is not secured enough to
> store them in cookies or in sessions data...
> both can be hacked... So what is the best solution ?
>
> i will use those stored data to check if logged user can have access to
> particular part of the web application.
>
> What is your point of view in such domain ?

Ok, once the user has logged in there is no need to store the password.
Simply store the username or other user details (but not the password)
in the session - that's as secure as it's gonna get.

*Never* store a password in a cookie. *Ever*.

-Stut

--
Alain