Re: Quick question, a little 0T i guess... BASIC_AUTH or forms

Hi guys,

Thank you for your responses and your input.

"At the end of the day the best way to secure data being transferred from
client to server is to use SSL."

THAT I know ;) was just wondering from a normal http page... and you answered that question perfectly...so thanks again!

Would someone mind sending me that javascript in question, I dont think I will be using it but I would like to have a look at it.

Cheers!

Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I think you meant to send this to the OP not me. And please also include
the list in your replies.

Tijnema ! wrote:
> The best way is using a HTML form, and then adding a javascript ,that
> runs before submitting, that encrypts the password with md5.

This offers little more security than plain text. Your "encryption"
mechanism is visible to the "bad guys", so all you've done is added an
extra no-brainer hurdle for them to get over.

At the end of the day the best way to secure data being transferred from
client to server is to use SSL.

-Stut