Re: Include file path.. please help im newby

StainOnRug wrote:
> Hello I am a beginner at PHP. I searched for my ? but couldn’t pinpoint it..
> My question is,  How do I upload include files onto my website include
> directory. Im hosted through Yahoo, I am not running a server on my
> computer. When I check out my PHP info it tells me the include dir is
> include path .:/include:/usr/lib/php.. how do I acess this folder to put
> files in it so that I can take advantage of the include functions on my PHP
> scripts. Thank you sooo much!

you can change the include_path definition in your script. you can also include
files which live in other directories than those defined in the include_path ini setting.

I doubt you are allowed to upload any files to /include or /usr/lib/php, so your
recourse is to create your 'include' directory somewhere where you can upload stuff
to and then optionally redefine include_path to point to your personal 'include' dir,
something like:

ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path').':/path/to/your/personal/inc/dir');

see also Peter's comments in his reply to your post.