Re: IE6 session issues

I recall having a problem with PHP on Windows and IE where however
long the session timeout was, that's how long the session lasted, as
either the server or the browser was never sending/getting the new
cookies.

Well, actually, there was an additional 10-minute offset, as the web
server clock was *OFF* from GTM by 10 minutes, but that's another
story...

Anyway, I quit that job before I got around to really figuring out
what was wrong.

It could easily have been the session code failing to be called
correctly, even though everything else "worked" (as well as anything
works in Windows) okay.

Another fun issue is that if you have, say, a forum installed that
changes the cookie session time limit, and your application AND the
forum are both using the default cookie settings for the name, then
you may find that visitors to the forum have much shorter/longer
sessions than you expected.  This is what changing the session_name
will fix.

You'd really have to define your "session issues" and what blank
entries coming in have to do with anything for anybody to help you,
though.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?