Re: indexing with fopen

Miguel Vaz wrote:

    Hi,

I am trying to add a search to the site i am developing but i ran into a bit of a problem.

Since the site is mainly dynamic (lots of includes and mysql queries), i thought of building an index table that will contain the insides of all the pages in the site tree. I was thinking of opening each page with fopen, stripping the html, and storing it in a database table. Then i would only search there.

    The problem is that i cant seem to read the pages with fopen:

    example of urls:

    index.php?m=1
    index.php?m=1&s=3

    If i try to do this:

    $page=fopen('index.php?m=1',"r");

Change that to a url:

$page = fopen('http://www.domain.com/index.php?m=1')

so the webserver has a chance to do it's work.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/