Re: PHP+MySQL website cache ? Yes/No

Martin Zvarík wrote:
> I did a benchmark with and without caching to HTML file and it's like:
>
> 0.0031 sec (with) and 0.0160 sec (with database)
>
> I know these miliseconds don't matter, but it will have significant
> contribution in high-traffic website, won't it?

I would say yes. A good caching system is essential in a high traffic
system.

Ideally you'd allow very fine control over what "blocks" are cached and
for how long with automated system for extending the life of the cache
if the hosting environment is being hit hard.

e.g. autodetect high load and make the cache last for 1h rather than 5 mins.

I think you are on the right tracks to design this in.

Col