Size Limit PHP + MSSQL

Is there size limit for select queries in php?

I am trying to grab a very long string that exists in the database.
When I do a select and print it out, php keep truncating the string - only
outputing the first half or so when the string is too long.
I have checked the actual database and the string is complete.
I havent gone as far as checking the actual length of the string and the
length that is being printed..
Any ideas why php keep truncating my data?
I've tested it with asp and it successfully outputs the complete data...
Thank you!