Re: remote file time -small issue

I'm not your personal help desk - please keep your replies on the list.

SJAMHO DBMS wrote:
> Dear Jochem,
>

> I am not able to crack the headers into giving the date.

wtf does that mean? the 'root' pages [in question] DONT SEND 'Last-Modified' headers.
ergo there is no way to determine when the page was last modified as far as parsing
the request headers goes.

> If you could help to finish the code, that would be great - if not, then
> thanks for the reference anyway.

I just did the research you should have done ... go an install firefox with the
firebug and web-developer extensions and you too will have no problem in examining
request headers.

I have no idea what 'finish the code' means - is that a MortalKombat reference
or something?

you are trying to determine the last-modified date of a non-cacheable generated-on-fly
webpage [that doesn't return a 'Last-Modified' header] - it is safe to say that the
last modified time of said page is 0.5 seconds ago (give or take a few microseconds)