Re: WHERE problem

WHERE id > 0

would take care of that.

Or, better yet, SEPARETE your 'id' field from your 'approved' field
and don't try to be cheap with a one-byte (or even one-bit in some
DBs) field.

Over-loading the data field definition with dual meaning almost always
turns into a problem down the line, in my experience.

[Apologies if this has been said -- I'm having email threading issues
at the moment...]

On Tue, February 20, 2007 3:59 pm, Mike Shanley wrote:
> The reason I didn't go with the suggestions for this approach is that
> want to accept new submissions to the database whose default id = 0.
> Thus, I can moderate them on the way in by giving them non-0 numbers.
> (I've changed the database row count call to fit the implementation
> since my posting of the code.)
>
> Thanks to everyone!
>
> tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Different strokes for different folks...
>>
>> Might I toss a new recommendation into the mix?
>>
>> SELECT text FROM fortunes ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1;
>>
> --
> Mike Shanley
>
> ~you are almost there~
>
> --